Monday, March 21, 2011

Primavera

Yesterday was supposedly the First Day of Spring. Is it just me, or it that whole title misleading? I mean, I get the whole spring equinox thing blah blah blah. But if it's "officially" spring then it should be spring! You know, green grass? Sunshine? Newborn critters popping out left and right?! I vote for changing to "El primer dia de la primavera", or EPDDLP for short. At least my hopes wouldn't be so dashed.


I was still mentally ranting when I stepped onto the back porch with another offering for the trash can. And that's when I heard it...a bird. Just some goofy little bird. But it was singing its birdy little heart out for whatever reason. Suddenly this feeling came over me and I just knew.

Because that type of goofy little bird only comes out...you guessed it...in spring.

Genesis 8:22 “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."

2 comments:

  1. When you move south, you will have spring by the first day of spring... most of the time ;) :D
    YAY FOR SPRING!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete